Tuesday 17 July 2012

15-7-12

Well I took my time to set out the design for the new blog but I did not think I would be waiting this long to start blogging for real.  As readers of Alrewas Birder will know I am avery busy person this time of year with shows, work and fishing matches however the crap weather has put a stop to most shows I go to/work on.  Instead it has been a matter of chilling at home with at least one broken rib (dont ask) and watching the rain coming down.  All that and dodgy sleeping pils (again dont ask) has seen me have a three week break however I have been monitoring sites and blogs and I do not think I have missed much.
On to todays visit and it was a check on the pool followed by a walk around the lanes.  Unfortunately a load of kids were on the boats on the lake so I was not expecting much and I was not disappointed.  Birds noted here were plenty of Swifts, Robin, Wren, at least two Blackcaps, Magpie, Carrion Crow, House Martin, Mute Swan, Swallow, a single Common Tern, loads of Canada Geese, Black Headed Gulls, Sand Martin, Linnet, Blackbird, Greylag Geese, two Common Whitethroat, a single Great Spotted Woodpecker, one Chiffchaff and lots of Woodpigeons.  Along the lanes I saw the following.  Skylark, two in song, Reed Bunting, lots of Yellowhammers, Chaffinch, Dunnock, about 40 Tree Sparrow in various areas buty mainly on the barley, a single Little Owl, one singing Corn Bunting and one Buzzard

No comments:

Post a Comment