Sunday 29 July 2012

29-7-12

Yet another busy weekend but I did manage to get out early to have a quick look what was on and around the pool before a quick drive round the lanes then home.  Birds noted were Tree Sparrow, Wren, Linnet, Chaffinch, 1 Grey Heron, 2 Common Sandpiper, Greylag Geese, Canada Geese, Carrion Crow, Robin, 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackbird, Swallow, Swift, Blue Tit, a single Common Tern, Common Whitethroat, Yellowhammer, 1 Garden Warbler, Woodpigeon, Lesser Black-backed Gulls, Mute Swan, 1 Little Owl and a family of Lesser Whitethroats.
Once the Grand Prix was done this afternoon I had another couple of hours before going out for my tea.  I managed an hour on the pool beforer walking round the lanes.  I noted Woodpigeon, Song Thrush, Swallow, Pheasant, Carrion Crow, 2 Common Sandpiper, Black Headed Gull, Greylag Geese, Canada Geese, Yellowhammer, 1 Common Tern, Linnet, Swift, Robin, Wren, Dunnock, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tit, the family of Lesser Whitethroats, 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker, only about 4 Tree Sparrows in total, Mute Swan, 3 Buzzzards, Goldfinch, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Blackbird, Moorhen, 2 Little Owls, Skylark, Common Whitethroat, Stock Dove, Magpie, an adult and a juvenile Peregrine,a Cormorant and cracking bonus in the shape of a juvenile Marsh Harrier.  I was on the bend along the rough track when I saw a couple of Buzzards however one didnt look right so bins onto it and I noticed a pale head.  The scope went up next and then I knew it was definately a Marsh Harrier and my latest site tick.  Bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment