Monday 24 September 2012

22-9-12

Its been sometime since the last blog post but I have had the audacity to go away on holiday and not a birding holiday either, none of them for me this year.  Nuff said on the holiday front, do not want to tell me people of my other sad hobbies.  Anyway a nice break was followed by man-flu.  Bad or what.  Baird's Sandpipers, Semipalmated Sandpipers, Western Sandpipers and Short-billed Dowitchers, all lifers to go on my quite tragic life list, and all I could do is sit at home sniffling, shivering and coughing.  I did pop down to the old faithful though and birds noted here were Starling, Woodpigeon, Robin, 3 Mallards, Wren, a single Tufted Duck, 3 Mute Swan, 1 Great Crested Grebe, Magpie, Great Tit, circa 55 Goldfinch, Carrion Crow, several Skylarks, a steady stream of Swallows passing through, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Long-tailed Tits, Pied Wagtail, Blue Tit, Blackbird, a single Treecreeper, circa 250 Linnets, 1 Yellow Wagtail, 2 Buzzards, circa 200 Lapwing, a few Meadow Pipits, a nice bonus in the shape of a female/juvenile Merlin hunting pipits and larks, 3 Grey Herons, Jackdaws and the sound of a Curlew over the far pits but not seen.  With my energy levels seriously lacking it was home to sleep, cough, sneeze and whimper.

No comments:

Post a Comment