Monday 24 September 2012

23-9-12

With no change in my horrendous man-flu I managed to drag myself off ther couch and pop down to WH to see what was around, especially as the forecasted rain had not yet arrived.  Birds noted around the quarry pool area were 2 Great Crested Grebe, 3 Mute Swan, Black Headed Gull, Canada Geese, Mipits, Blackbird, Wren, 2 Grey Heron, Carrion Crow, about 250 Woodpigeons flew over + another 50+ around the site, Starlings, 1 Little Egret, circa 200 Goldfinch, several Robins around, 300+ Linnets - I do not remember these numbers around here before, Stock Dove, 1 Tufted Duck, 4 Mallards and a few Pheasants.  On to the lanes and I added around 100 Lapwings, Moorhen, Magpie, a single Jay, Skylarks, Reed Bunting, Great Tit, Jackdaw, Dunnock, Swallow and Long-tailed Tits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment